After over a year of creating and testing prototypes for an indoor/pocket whip, MidWestWhips is proud to begin offering this fully synthetic hybrid between a signal whip and a snake whip, which we have nicknamed the “Snignal” Whip.
Why the “Snignal” Whip? It’s not a type-o! All of the whips we make from nylon, including this one, are high quality, unique, and have features that make them special – not just a cheap alternative to professional leather whip. We have nicknamed this whip the “Snignal” whip because it combines the smooth, unbroken taper of a traditional “Signal” whip with a popper/cracker that can be replaced easily by the user just like you would on a “Snake” whip.
- Thanks to the even taper and distribution of weight inside a fluid thong, whipcrackers with all different styles of whipcracking will find this design easy to use.
- The popper/cracker is simple to replace because it is attached the same way poppers/crackers are attached to the ends of falls on leather whips – with a simple overhand knot.
- At this time, all “snignal” whips are approximately equivalent in length to a traditional 4ft signal whip. This is a great length for beginners to learn on indoors, and also a very popular length with advanced whipcrackers who primarily perform or practice indoors.
- When not in use, this whip will coil to fit almost anywhere: a pocket, purse, glovebox, etc.
- Less maintenance. No need for leather conditioner here, and if your whip gets dirty, you can just gently scrub the dirt off with a damp brush (fully saturating the whip with water will however permanently alter its fluidity – we do not recommend submerging your whip).
- This whip is 16 plait. This higher plait count allows the snignal to be weighted and balanced to throw as similarly as possible to a typical equivalent kangaroo whip.
- The amazing selection of colors available for nylon whips is unmatched by any other popular whipmaking material. Plus, this whip contains no animal hide at all, and could even be classified as a vegan whip.
- There is no break-in period to wait through. These whips crack beautifully straight out of the box, and even with regular use (not abuse!) you won’t see any major changes to how the whip performs as it ages.
16 Plait 4ft Snignal Whip: $165
+ $9 shipping in the USA